If you’re a book worm and is staying in Singapore, you’re sure familiar with SG Book Deals and their annual warehouse sale. Every year, they have this promotion they call “Book Box Sale” or ” Book Buffet” – they hand you a carton box, you fill it with books and pay S$50.00. This for me, is a deal I should not miss!
And so, on a gloomy Saturday morning, off I go and head on to their warehouse located in Ang Mo Kio. I wasn’t able to take a lot of photos as I right away plunged in to the sea of books laid before me.
Their warehouse is at the 3rd floor of Pansing Distribution around Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1. Upon entering the building, I can smell the scent of new books, I followed this addicting scent and these signs and there I found it.
This was me mid-fight! Haha! My box was almost full by this time and I couldn’t be any happier!
I was able to fit in 27 books in my box. I could’ve squeeze in a few more but I don’t see any titles I’m genuinely interested to, so I decided to check-out already.
My SG Book Buffet 2017 consist of:
- One More Thing by B.J. Novak
- Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
- Me and Mr. Darcy by Alexandra Potter
- The Dark Arena by Mario Puzo
- Redeployment by Phil Klay
- This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper
- Going La La by Alexandra Potter
- My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult
- Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom
- The Girl in the Spider’s Web by David Lagercrantz
- First Comes Love by Emily Griffin
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler
- Shotgun Lovesongs by Nickolas Butler
- Hannibal by Thomas Haris
- Silence by Shusaku Endo
- The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple
- Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
- Hector and The Search For Happiness by Francois Lelord
- Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs
- Love Letters To The Dead by Ava Dellaira
- Fear of Flying by Erica Jong
- The View From Cheap Seats – Neil Gaiman
- Mercy by Jodi Picoult
And since I’m resurrecting my blog starting this month, I vow to religiously read all of these books and write a review, every single one of them. I solemnly swear I will do this, cross my heart! Punch me in the neck if I seemed to slack off. Ktnxbye!